Wednesday, December 15, 2010

To Have a Life Again

Last weekend was a big weekend for us at the Holliday house. I graduated from nursing school and had my pinning ceremony. I took my last exam on Tuesday. I am very happy to be done, but unsure of what to do with myself. Each day, I do not think I have a lot to do and end up spending the whole day busy running errands or staying busy. It is so nice to have my evenings back and be able to cook dinner, watch TV, and just be with Chip. 
After completing my last exam Tuesday, I got an e-mail from The Med where I had applied and interviewed for a Labor & Delivery position. The nurse manager said they were going to offer me the job, but had to repost the position so I could reapply and then they could offer me the job. I am now waiting for them to repost so I can reapply. That is definitely an answer to prayer. God has worked it all out, and made me realize how in control he is. I have been applying for jobs since September with very few responses. The Med was the first place I interviewed and my dream job. I am very happy that it is going to work out, and I know that it will be a great mission field for me to encourage women here in Memphis. You would think that I would have learned to trust God a lot more by now since he did get me through the hardest year of my life, but I am only human and like to think I can do it all, but I can't and I will never be able to. I am so happy to start the next phase of my life with Chip (and not be in school anymore)!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on graduating! and the almost official job! What a great early Christmas present! Enjoy your time to relax!

    ReplyDelete