Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have a lot to be thankful for this year, I am going to list a few things:

1. My relationship with Christ: This has been extremely important in getting me through this year. There have been many nights and days I have cried wondering what in the world was going on and where God was in all of this. He has had His hand in every aspect of this nursing program. There are many times when I have had to go to the Bible and look at His word to hear exactly what is needed. A lot of times it is scriptures about worrying and my future since these to be my two weakest areas. One scripture I always need reminding of is Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

2. My husband- Chip: I know that I could never had made it through this year without Chip. Not only has he been supporting me financially, but he is also there for me emotionally. He listens to me scream, yell, and holds me when I cry. There have been times where it has been much worse than others, but everyday I cherish him and all that he has done for me. I struggle a lot of times to tell him just how important he is to me and how much I appreciate him being there, because he always is. I know that if we made it through this year, we can do anything! He has worked hard and put up with me at my best and my worst. I love him so much and am so thankful for him!

This photo just shows Chip's sense of humor. He downloaded a program at work to create this from a photo and it hung in our living room for about a month. I will never again say "I could really use something to hang on that wall in the living room" because this is what I get!

3. My family: My parents, brothers, grandparents, sisters-in-law, and in-laws have all been so supportive of me throughout this year. They have been encouraging to Chip and me every step of the way. When we need it, they are there to offer an encouraging word or prayer. I am so thankful to have all of them in my life.


4. My friends: Every single one of them that I have just met through nursing school (and only known a short time) and those that I have known for many, many years have been there for me to support me. I am thankful for all of the support that they have to offer.

5. My health: I have made it through this year and most of my life with very few health problems. This year has made me realize just how important it is to be healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Chip and I are going to start working on maintaining our health through diet and exercise (which we rarely do). I have to walk Riley at least a few times a week, but that is a short little walk (with lots of stops for potty breaks). It is more than I would do without her though.

1 comment:

  1. You are the most wonderful daughter a mother could ever have. Daddy and I are so proud of you with all you have accomplished and to see you becoming all that God desires you to be. Remember nothing is too difficult for God. Trust Him and He will lead you in the way you should go. He loves you with an everlasting love. I love you , mom

    ReplyDelete