Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer at the Holliday's

It has been so long since I have blogged that I couldn't remember how to login to my blog account!!! I guess I need to start updating this more often. A lot has happened at the Holliday house this summer. Let me just started a list:
1. New drive pad: Chip added a gravel drive pad area to the side of the carport so we don't have to park behind each other anymore. It was a great idea and has been so great. We both love it!

2. New Patio: We had a new patio poured in the backyard. Chip and I stained and sealed it. I still want to put a flowerbed around it to break up the concrete and grass. That will probably happen in the spring. The staining and sealing was a lot of work. We are still waiting for some more patio furniture from my parents. They gave us the dining table & chairs. I love it when Mom decides she wants something new!
Before sealing (just stained)

After sealing
Some furnitre
3. Backyard Clearing: We hired someone to clean up the backyard because it was a mess. There is a ditch just beyond the tree line. There was a dog run that was probably 30 years old and very overgrown. Chip and I were going to try and clear it out, but we lack the equipment and time to do it. I have to say the guy we hired did a great job and it only took him 2 1/2 days! Now we really need a fence to keep the pups from running into the ditch by accident. The "fence" that is currently back there is only about a foot tall because of all the leaves that have been thrown back there over the years. Fencing will be next up!


4. Homebrewing: Chip and a friend, Bryan started brewing their own beer. I wasn't at home for most of the process, but snapped a few pictures when I got home. It is still fermenting. It should be bottled this weekend and will sit for another week or so, then we can drink it! I have just been drinking beer lately so they can have the bottles. I'm such a supportive wife :) 



5. Roman Shade: I created a roman shade from a blog (Here) that I found on Pinterest, which I am now addicted to. The shade was fairly easy to create. My mom came here last week for the day while my dad was out of town at a meeting and helped me do it. I am glad she was here to help because it was a two-person job. It turned out great! Now, I need to do 3 more (1 very big one) for my living room windows. Hopefully, I can find some fabric cheap and start on that one soon!

6. New Wall Art: I found these prints at TJ Maxx when my mom was here and thought they looked just like Riley and Lucy. They are so cute. I hung them in the living room. Love them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment