Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Orientation Week at The Med

I started my first week of general & nursing orientation at The Med this week. Going to back to work has been quite an adjustment for me. I started orientation bright and early at 7:30 a.m. on Monday. It shouldn't be that different from when I was in school because I was also gone from 8-5 most days. I'm not sure if it is the amount of information they give you in orientation or that I have a "big girl job," but I am EXHAUSTED when I get home. I never thought I would be so excited to go to bed, but I am also excited to get up in the morning, which is a first for me. I can't remember ever being so excited to wake up and go to work. I was even excited to wake up when I was in nursing school, even on test days, but that was mostly anxiety!
I started the nursing part orientation today and will be in the classroom learning all about policies, procedures, medication administration, computer training, and everything else there is to know until Monday. I can't wait to get on the floor and start working with patients. I have really missed having contact with patients since nursing school is over. I have started flipping through my Maternal Health book because I need to get familiar with the fetal heart monitoring and all the maternal complications that can occur. Hopefully, I can find some time this week to do that.
Unfortunately, this weekend is going to be extremely busy for Chip and I. We are doing a class to join Second Pres., which goes all weekend long. It will be Friday evening, Saturday morning, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon, and Monday evening. They are very serious about joining Second. It is only offered quarterly and with my future work schedule there is no guarantee I will be off on the weekends to attend. I am excited to learn more about the church and the Presbyterian denomination because I do not know a lot about the denomination even though we have been going there for almost two years. The class is called Inquirers and after the class you can choose whether or not you want to join the church. It will be great to learn more, but I'm not sure my brain can handle anymore new knowledge this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment